For marketers looking to engage Gen Z, it’s critical to understand the generation and create strategies that fit their unique needs and characteristics.
So, we asked 1,300+ college students all the burning questions of 2021 so marketers don’t have to, allowing Gen Z themselves to tell us where they’re living, working, studying, shopping, and playing, and enabling marketers and recruiters alike to better engage this complex generation of individuals.
Here are some of our biggest takeaways:
- 75% of respondents plan to get the Covid vaccine as soon as it’s available to them, and 30% of those are actually excited to get it.
- 78% of students plan to get a job or internship this summer, and 45% of those who plan to get an internship don’t yet have one lined up.
- 40% of students are somewhat or greatly influenced by large influencers (>100,000 followers), but 71% are somewhat or highly likely to purchase a product or service if a friend or peer promotes it.
- 61% of respondents have increased their social media usage over the past year, and 45% of those cite TikTok as the app that’s driven the increase the most.
- 22% of respondents have decreased their social media usage over the past year, and 98% of those cite mental health concerns or negativity as one of the reasons they’ve cut back.